What Types of Information Does DigDeals Collect from Me?
DigDeals will collect the personal information you provide to us, for example when you register, purchase products on our Properties, take a survey, sign up for notifications, participate in a sweepstakes or giveaway, email us or otherwise send us your information. Personal information may include your name, email address, mailing and/or billing address, phone number, payment card information, and other information that can be used to identify you as an individual. If you access our Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device. We also collect information about your current location to provide you with more relevant deals. You can use some of the Services without providing any personal information, but some features may not be available.
If you log in via a third-party service like Facebook or Google, we will collect the information described in the third-party service's request for authorization. This information may include your name, email address, gender, city, and state. You should review your privacy settings with these third-party services to be sure you are only sharing information you wish to share.
We may obtain additional personal and other information about you from third parties and combine it with the information that we collect from you.
What About Cookies?
Do Third Parties Collect My Information?
Please see below for information on how third parties may collect and use information on our Properties for interest-based advertising purposes, and for information on how DigDeals may share the information that we collect with third parties.
How Does DigDeals Use My Information?
DigDeals uses the information collected from users for our business purposes, including the following:
- To customize and personalize the advertising and the content you see.
- To personalize and improve your experience on our Properties and when using our Services.
- To fulfill your requests for our Services.
- To send you information about topics that we think will be of interest to you.
- To alert you to the latest developments and features on our Services.
- To enter you in our sweepstakes when you request that we do so and to award prizes.
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Properties and Services.
- To communicate with you, including responding to your communications with us and other communications regarding your registration or use of our Services.
- For our research, recordkeeping, and reporting purposes.
- To monitor our Properties and Services for compliance with our Terms of Service.
When Will DigDeals Disclose My Information to Third Parties?
We may share your personal information with other companies or individuals. For example:
- We may share your personal information with third parties for the third party's marketing purposes. Please see below for your choices regarding this sharing.
- We may make any information you disclose when you participate in community and social networking features on our Properties available to other users. DigDeals is not responsible for the information you disclose in public forums, and we strongly recommend that you disclose your personal information only to users that you know to be trustworthy.
- We may share your personal information with your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection.
- We may share information with our agents, contractors, service providers, and partners who are providing services on our behalf and on behalf of our merchants and other partners, such as payment processing, data processing, customer service functions, and hosting.
- We may share your information in connection with an actual or potential merger, sale, acquisition, assignment, or transfer of all or part of DigDeals' assets, affiliates, lines of business, or products, including at bankruptcy.
- We may share your information in order to (i) protect or defend our legal rights or property or the rights/property of our other users, business partners, employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; (iii) protect the safety and security of our employees, users, or members of the public; (iv) protect against fraud or for other risk management purposes; or (v) comply with the law or respond to law enforcement requests, subpoenas, legal process or inquiries.
We may share information that identifies your browser or device over time (including device identifiers and/or personal information which has been hashed or obfuscated) as well as information about your activities on our Properties, with third-party companies for their own purposes including interest-based advertising across different websites, apps, browsers and devices. Please see below for information about opting out of the collection and use of data for interest-based advertising by companies participating in industry self-regulation.
Your Choices/ Your California Privacy Rights
DigDeals may send you email offers that we believe will interest you. If you do not want to receive such offers, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link included in any message. We will continue to send you servicing emails related to your interactions and relationship with us.
You may visit www.aboutads.info/choices to learn more about interest-based advertising, to opt-out of this form of advertising on your web browser by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program, and to learn about the effect of an opt-out choice. If you wish to opt-out of interest-based advertising in mobile apps on your device by companies that participate in the DAA's AppChoices app, you may download that app onto your device and exercise your choice. AppChoices is available at the links below:
You may also limit data collection and use by third parties for interest-based advertising by using your mobile device settings where available.
Please note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. Additionally, please note that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, reset your device's advertising identifier, or use a different mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices. Also, any settings available in your web browser to block cookies may not block the use of non-cookie technologies by third parties as described above.
DigDeals uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information.
Links to Third-Party Ads and Properties
DigDeals does not currently offer its Services in, or support user accounts from, Switzerland and countries in the European Economic Area. Users from other countries should note that DigDeals collects, processes and stores information in the United States. By using our Services from locations outside of the United States, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and the collection and processing of such personal information in the United States. The laws pertaining to the collection, use, disclosure, and processing of personal information in the United States may vary from those in other countries and may be less stringent than the applicable laws in your state or country.
Our Services are not intended to be used by children, and we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information from children under 13 years old, we will take appropriate actions to delete this information.
Updating Your Personal Information